Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hail to the Princess!

No I'm not dead, just way behind...
So last week my first born turned 6 years old! Holy Crow! Time sure does fly when your raising kids. This year she was particularly excited and aware of her birthday. She counted down for almost 2 weeks. Then on her apparent "birthday eve" she got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and was so excited to find that I had decorated her door. Then she said "mom I won't look in the living room when I go back to bed", ya know...as if it were Christmas Eve and there were going to be be gads of presents waiting for her in the living room. I gently let her know that that, unfortunately, was not the case. She was just really excited this year, and I did my best to make her feel loved and special. I don't know about you all, but on my last "Birthday Eve", I was pretty much crying myself to sleep. lets not talk about the actual number behind the tears ok.

First off...pink pancake princess crowns. It was on the fly, so just tilt your head a little to the right and squint-then you'll see it.
After school we went to the park which you can see here, with some wonderful friends who brought cookies and candles and we sang Happy Birthday. It was so sweet of them...thanks Sarah. And her choice for her Birthday Dinner? Potato soup of course. I was surprised too.

A few days later came the birthday party. She was so excited and we had a great time. We took all the kids for pony rides and games, then back to the house for presents and Pink Pony Cupcakes (as shown in the slide show). **A special thank you to Lisa for cutting all the "horse hair" and moral support for my cupcake "vision". And to Kayla for finishing their faces since my dear friends talked me into rearranging my ENTIRE living room while trying to finish up the cupcakes. I love it, but I'm a succor.

Anyway, she had a great Birthday, and pretend Birthday that's when you have a party on a day other than your real b-day . I love you Hannah Banana. I'm so glad your mine. mom




6 comments:

Kristyn said...

You are seriously the cutest mom! I love the pancakes - I could totally tell what they were. Give yourself a little more credit - I'm super impressed with your creativity! Habby bday little Hannah!

ALYN said...

Fun Party! I'll have to show the girls. Those pony cupcakes are very cute!

Paige said...

Way to go on the pink princess crown pancakes!! They look great to me. I totally knew they were crowns before I even read your post. Very cute. The pictures turned out great too. I love the one of the kids protecting the candles from the wind. You are a great mom, and I know had had a fabulous b-day!!

Blaylock said...

Super cute cupcakes! Looks like they had a great time. You've given me some great ideas for my kids' upcoming b-days!

Emily P. said...

Wow, those cupcakes were amazing! I want to know how on earth you made those, and if they were just something you dreamed up or what? I can't believe our girls are getting so old! Miss you!

sarah said...

You are Amazing! You made that day, and pretend day so special for Hannah. I am so grateful to live near you, and get to take part in all the happy and crazy days of our lives.