Thursday, May 21, 2009

I dream of...

So I was sleeping peacefully away early this morning when suddenly I was awakened by a really hard smack in the face! I remember gasping which must have woken up Peder who immediately realized that he had actually punched me in the face...supposedly while he was sleeping. No, he felt really bad and said he couldn't even remember what he was dreaming about. I'm guessing he was dreaming that some hot movie star such as Tom Welling
(he plays superman on the show Smallville and I may or may not think he is slightly attractive) was trying to woo me away and he defended our love by punching him in the face. Yeah, I'm sure that's what it was.

Dreams are funny things though. Hannah just 2 nights ago was sitting up in her bed yelling for Lincoln. She didn't even completely wake up when I went in her room. Silly dreams. Which reminds me of when I was younger...

My mom used to work some graveyard shifts to make ends meet. For some reason I ended up being the last one to go to bed when she was gone and I was supposed to "shut down the house" if ya know what I mean. This included opening my dads door so the heater or cooler could get in. One night in a big dark house (on a dark and stormy night i'm sure) with everyone asleep I slowly opened my dads door. He sat straight up and said something crazy to me. Now, I don't recall what it was all these years later, but at 11 o'clock in a dark house, anything your possessed dad says is freaky. I knew he was sleeping because he has a history of "saving my mom from the falling ceiling" while he is asleep, but it still creeped me out for years to come. After that whenever I had to open his door, I would stand to the very side of the door and reach as fast as I could, turn the knob and give the door a push and run down the hall so I wouldn't be around if he happened to wake up again. Scarred for life apparently.

So sleep tight you all...and sweet dreams!

4 comments:

Leah said...

Funny story Randi, and very very scary! If I were you I'd try hitting Peder in "your sleep" tonight just to get him back.

Mollie Lawrence said...

Matthew did that to me once. Ow! Good ol' sleep! I agree with Leah, you get him back!

ALYN said...

I always like asking the kids what they dream about. Usually they don't remember. But the first dream Madi ever told me about was a potato chip family. And when Lia was 2+, she often had nightmares about: "Somebody stealing my toys!"

Emily P. said...

So it's the middle of the night, I'm sitting here reading your blog in complete silence. Then all of a sudden, someone asks me, "Tell me how I'm supposed to breath without air?" I actually jumped and momentarily looked around to see who had broken into my house and was about to kill me, until I realized it was your playlist. HA! I love that song! :)