Sunday, June 28, 2009

Part 2.

OK, remember this? Yeah sick. Well unfortunately last night I became aware of yet another, more terrifying addition to our home. It all went something like this....
(in a scary wisper-y campfire voice of course)
It's after 11 p.m. Most of the house is dark and quiet. I had just finished rubbing my hubby's back because I'm awesome, and apparently the chiropractor makes his back pain way worse . Anyway...I was putting something away in our little bathroom (ya know, cause one is bigger than the other...by a lot) when suddenly (don't forget to keep your mind voice wisper-y) something ran across the bathroom floor. Cricket, no they don't really run. Cockroach, I wish. (this is where you yell!)Disgusting mouse...absolutely. Oh yes, it was. I'm almost embarrassed to say it, but there is a mouse in my house! And yes I just screamed that. Now, I may have possibly also screamed last night...loud...twice. And I may have jumped up and down as if it were actually trying to run up my legs instead of scared out of it's mind in the corner 2 feet away trying to figure out how to get away from me. I may also have run down the hall into my bedroom out of breath, heart racing and laughing at myself. Maybe. Oh, and my hubby may have teased me mercilessly for being a baby.
I'm sorry but mice are much more terrifying than roaches. I guess I should have kept my mouth shut last time. I had no idea. I didn't know that mice would freak me out so much, or haunt my dreams, or make my eyes constantly dart around the whole house in search of that thing.

I didn't know that I would have so many questions for him. Like...
  1. where did you come from?
  2. how did you get in my house?
  3. did you leave or are you making this your home?
  4. are there more of you?
  5. are you eating my food storage?
  6. do you have rabies?
  7. do you have babies?
  8. are you going to try to make a nest in my crazy hair while i sleep?
  9. how did you get in my house?
  10. should i get a mouse trap?
  11. poison?
  12. glue traps?
  13. can i handle a half way dead mouse on a trap?
  14. should i just call the guy who drives around the mouse car and pay lots of money?
  15. can i handle dead mice around my house?
  16. are dead mice better than live mice?
  17. do you only come out at night?
  18. how did you get in my house?
  19. i said, how did you get in my house!

see, so many questions and so few answers.

Okay, I know I'm a baby. But there is something about a squishy, heart beating, tail wagging, beady eyed animal in my house. It's not like I could just get my trusty Dyson out and suck him up like the cockroach. And trust me, I considered it. We're talking blood and guts everywhere people. sick. Not to mention the possibility of hurting my Dyson, and we wouldn't want to do that. Mice are much more complicated than bugs. Plus, as I mentioned before, what happens when I have a suffering animal on a trap? I mean, look at what we have grown up with. Micky and Minnie? And that cute little Fievel.And what about Tom, or is is Jerry?

I just don't think I can deal with it. deep breath. Maybe I'll just get lucky and not ever see another one just like my friend the cockroach. Or....maybe he went and got his whole family of 30 and they are moving in and having mice babies all over my pantry and getting ready for their 4Th of July feast. perfect.

7 comments:

Mollie Lawrence said...

get a mouse hunting cat! Short hair! Never had a rodent problem since.....grandma had a HUGE rodent problem when I moved in! BOOO to poisons & glue traps! The little mouse squweeks till they die it's no good!

Paige said...

I'm glad to hear that you didn't harm your Dyson...no matter how scary that mice was. P.S. I vote for glue traps.

Blaylock said...

You are not over-reacting at all, in my opinion. I would act that same way!! If the mouse driving guy wasn't so expensive I would go that route. Leave the blood and guts to the professionals!

tessa said...

Same thing happened to us a couple of houses back. I jumped on a chair, screaming. I had no idea mice were so scary in the house but they are. I had dear husband take care of it all and put a mouse trap up that cut off it's head. I know so gross. No kids at the time though a little different for you. Keep us updated.

Leah said...

Ok.....that just grossed me out. Put your husband in charge.....make him deal with the blood and guts. We bare children, they kill rodents and bugs. You got to catch him or you'll never sleep.

janae said...

I vote for moving. Crickets? Gross. Cockroaches? Disgusting. Mice? Suicide. No worries, I'm with you on the wimpy thing.

ALYN said...

I missed all this FUNNY FUNNy stuff while I was away from blog reading...