Sunday, March 28, 2010

Life measured in T-ball seasons

As t-ball season starts again I can't help but look back.

2 years ago when Hannah started t-ball, I had 3 year old Lincoln and 4 month old Lucy to lug around to the games. I can probably count on 3 fingers the number of times Peder was able to come to Hannah's games because he was sick the rest of the time. (btw, there were like 12 games or something...so not a very good batting average).

Last year, Lincoln and Hannah were both playing. They didn't have enough coaches, and I toyed with the idea of coaching but in the end just couldn't commit because of Peder's health. He was able to attend more games though, so that was awesome.

This year....hallelujah! Peder is coaching Lincoln's team and hopes to coach Hannah's next year. Just so ya know, that means he will be at every game. every game people. That may not sound like a big deal, but over here in the Kartchner home....it totally is. Because being at every game equals feeling well-ish most of the time. that. is. huge. serioulsy.

We are so thankful that he is getting better. even if it has been a long and slow road, it is getting better, and that's what counts... even if i have to measure it in t-ball years.

5 comments:

janae said...

I'm so glad things on an upward slope, slow as it may be! I used to measure my mission by full moons and periods (yeah, I'm such a girl). Whatever helps you keep things in perspective!

ALYN said...

I bet Coach Peder is great! I'm glad he's up for the commitment health-wise.

Leah said...

So glad that Pete gets to couch!

Tera said...

I just found your blog and you have the best music and background.
Sounds like things are going great, we are so glad to hear that Peder is doing better.

Bastian Family said...

So glad Peder is feeling better. Hope you guys are doing well.