Sunday, October 17, 2010

it's great to be 8!

Our cute Hannah turned 8 last week and was baptized. I'm not gonna lie, it was a little emotional for me. It made me feel so happy, excited, grateful, and old. Seriously. I'm not supposed to have an eight year old yet! Next thing I know she is going to be driving, and dating, and high schooling, and smooching, and.... oh man. I can't handle it.
Anyway, we had a wonderful day.
It went something like this...
                   







She was baptized at our stake baptism with 2 other children. Not my first choice but it actually turned out really nice and not that big of a deal that it wasn't just hers. There were soo many people there for her and she felt so loved.
The scorpion in the chapel light was a little distracting though especially when right after talking about it to my mom, I felt Lucy's shoe tickle under my knee and totally freaked out because I thought it was another scorpion. Just picture a lovely calm meeting and then me having a seizure in the middle of it trying to wipe off the imaginary scorpion. Nice.
Hannah kept up the Hancock girl tradition and sang a song (I Like to Look for Rainbows) and did so beautifully. She wasn't nervous one bit. It was a wonderful day.

Then of course we had to have a party!
This is her cake.
The statue is actually from my cake when I turned 8...a few years ago.
We're kinda twinner's huh?
              
 love you Hannah banana!

8 comments:

janae said...

SCORPION in the chapel LIGHT?!?!?!? You've gotta be kidding me. That is terrifying. Just today a friend was telling me about her bro-in-law who was stung by a scorpion on his mission. It was a miracle that he wasn't paralyzed, and he only had 6 months where he couldn't use his arm. Apparently, though, the poison still runs through his blood, so he kills any mosquitoes that bite him.

Anyway, back to the baptism. Congratulations! She is so beautiful. I love the matching pictures, too. Although I think you look amazingly like Mary Catherine in that 8 year-old picture!

Hoffy said...

She was so cute singing. It was a nice baptism and you could tell she was loving that she had turned 8. Hannah is such a sweet kid you have raised her well.

tessa said...

Aww. Had to comment. I got the same statue when I was 8 and gave it to my 8 year old this year:)

Leah said...

You are twinners! And it was a wonderful day, glad we could be a part of it!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh she has grown so much! I can still remember her and the crew when they were sunbeams in my grandparents class! I'm so proud of you Hannah!

ALYN said...

Yay Hannah! We wish we could've been there among the masses. Cute pics.

Paige said...

You and Hannah are definitely twins! So cute. It was a fabulous day and it was so fun to be there. Hannah is such a special girl and we love her to pieces!

Bridgette Blake said...

I can't believe you have an 8 year old! Where did the time go? It's fun to see "Randi the mom" You're doing a great job. Love ya.