Friday, January 9, 2009

Christmas in...January?

I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who is still seeing Christmas lights up when I drive down the street. I'm not talking about those peeps who just haven't taken them down yet, I'm talking about full on Christmas lights turned on at night. I'm talking blow up snowman in your yard and flashing lights on your roof.
Now I'm all about having Christmas in your heart all year round and I completly understand it taking a few days to get the lights down, but come on...actually turning them on just because they are still up? I don't know, that might be just one step too far. And it's not like it's just one house, I counted the other night and there were 4 within 2-3 blocks of my house. Does that mean I live where it is festive or where it is white trash? hmmmm.
I'm just sayin'.
And if by chance one of you might still have your lights still a flashin', I'd just like to say...Wow they look really nice. I love when people leave their lights on. Yea, it's so fun huh? It makes me wish we all did that!=)

3 comments:

Becca said...

Guilty as charged. I am just to lazy to get the ladder and unplug them from the outlet in the roof. But hey I am 9 months pregnant. :)

randi said...

haha! you are exempt. your husband however is not.maybe everyone that still has their lights on are 9 months pregnant. did i mention how great they still look and how i love still seeing them on....=)

sarah said...

You were supposed to add how hard you laughed when we showed up at my in-laws the night you posted this post. And low & behold, lighted Christmas lights. It was quite festive I must admit. It also helped make the Christmas tree still standing in the living room seem appropriate!!