I am always amazed at what people wear to the gym. You can pretty much tell who is serious about working out and who is there to show off their body. I've seen some girls and had to shake my head and think "why on earth would you wear something like that to the gym?" Now, I'm not exactly at my "goal weight" shall we say, but I'm working on it and the last thing I need to show people is what I am there trying to get rid of. Here is just one more way to apply the saying "if so-and-so jumped off a cliff...does that mean you have to too?" ...If so-and-so wears spandex to the gym does that mean you have to also? No. The answer is no. And frankly we all know that most people should not wear super short shorts or spandex leggings or short tank tops that show off your stomach. Why? Because most people are fat. And most people have cottage cheese and most people have stomachs that are only flat in their imaginations. And just because you wear those clothes, it does not mean you actually look like that 98 pound girl wearing the same thing. You don't, and you probably never will. So let it go people. No one needs to see what your clothes should be hiding, especially not when you are jumping around doing aerobics! Seriously.
This leads me nicely into the Zumba class today. Gotta love me some Zumba. It gives me a chance to channel the inner cheerleader in me, and the Melissa from "Dancing with the Stars" and all of the "So You think you can Dance girls" in my imagination. It is so fun and today we did a ton of hip hop too! Love it! That being said...as noted earlier in this post there are just some things that should not be worn to the gym...even when you are an instructor. Let me just say- some gray is see through. And when you wear see through gray pants, that's bad. I was at a loss. I mean do you stop the class and say to your instructor..."Um, your pants are see through and when you turn around we can totally see your crack through your pants!" Do I slip her a note after class? What? Let me remind you here that this is a Zumba class where you dance around and shake your hips and bum like a real salsa dancer, yeah it was bad! I felt so bad for her but I like the rest of the class just stayed quiet and got our merengue on. And let me just add here that although I don't foresee this ever happening -if my bum is ever showing through my pants like that, please let me know as soon as possible! Thanks.
6 comments:
UGH!! YES!! That is soooo annoying! You MUST watch this!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asQWrbcmHZI
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Zumba sounds really fun by the way! See you Sunday!
was always tramatized too by the "not skinny" person walking around in a speedo at the beach! ICK!
I couldn't have said it better myself. I mean LEAVE SOMETHING TO THE IMAGINATION!! Truthfully, I never imagine fat to look nearly as bad as it does. I see a heavy person covered and I don't think much about it. But I see them nearly naked jumping at the gym and I think, "Woa. That is so much grosser than I ever thought possible." Cover. Please cover!!
Don't you even worry about that! I would never be willing to allow you to broadcast your crack for all to see. I definitely would tell you at the beginning of the class. Actually, you would know because I wouldn't be able to stop laughing!!
Thank you for not posting any pictures. The mental picture is disturbing enough!!!
Post a Comment