Sunday, August 16, 2009

Happiness ='s terrible mom

First day of school! First day of school! that was to be sung like in the movie Finding Nemo of course.
My little Hannah was just as excited as Nemo was in the movie too. She couldn't go to sleep the night before because she was so excited/nervous. It was really cute. Finally I told her to count to 100 really slow and apparently that did the trick. But of course she woke up at the crack of dawn...ready to go. I'm sure this set the stage for her complete breakdown the next evening. This is her first year going to full day school, so it will take a bit to get used to it.
Lincoln also started preschool also . I guess on the first day of school you do the opposite of what you normally do because he actually slept in ...which let me tell you is a miracle.
I don't really know who taught my children to pose this way...but this is what they came up with when I said "say cheese"!
I'm not gonna lie...I was completely and totally ready to not hear my children argue with each other all day long. Whoever thought of having all the kids go to school together -out of their homes- was a freakin' genius. I'm sure in some way that makes me a terrible mom, but.....whatever. Of course I did have some craziness inside having Hannah gone for so long...but I'm pretty much over it now. See...enjoying a little peace and quite ='s terrible mom. Going crazy because your kids are arguing all day and bored out of their minds, and it's 115 degrees outside ='s terrible mom. I just can't win.

3 comments:

Marni said...

AMEN Sista!! I in love with the person who thought of this whole "school" thing! Send your kids to school, for free, let them learn, get them out of the house, give mom some peace and quiet, let them be happy and play with their friends, come home tired, go to bed early, repeat the next day! LOVE IT!! :)

ALYN said...

If I had to homeschool I'd only have 2 kids. Because having 3 kids home ALL DAY is VERY HARD.

You're not a terrible Mom. Mom's who don't homeschool are still supermoms.

My kids love school. And I love those 180 days per year! The time they're gone goes fast. By the time I clean the kitchen, do some laundry, Charlie takes his long nap, then it's time to go get them. I don't accomplish nearly as much as I think I should.

But then I get to spend 2 hours supervising homework...

Anonymous said...

I cant' believe how big your kids are getting! I miss having Lincoln in my class. Funny thing is, I remember subbing for my grandparents a couple sundays 2 years ago when they had Hannah.
Let me tell you... they are DEFINITELY siblings! haha. I love them both.

And you're NOT a terrible mom. You are SO amazing! Always remember that :)