Thursday, August 27, 2009
Note to self...
Do Not....spend your afternoon cutting and sorting and getting your coupons ready...drive half way across town...shop with 2 of your children, matching up all your coupons with the right thing, in the exact way the store will accept them...start checking out...reach for your purse....tell the checker lady to stop! ....because you can't find your wallet...and you hope and pray that you left it in your car, or at home, or anywhere except with someone else....take your 2 kids back to the car, minus the groceries...check the car...no wallet....drive back across town....back to your house....to thankfully find your wallet on the counter...then have just enough time to drive back almost to the exact place you were to pick up your daughter from ballet...and just give up on the whole buying food thing today. Yeah, don't do that, cause really it's just a waste of time...don't ya think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh man! That is the WORST!!
(But thanks for making me laugh. :)
LOL!! Sorry but I had to laugh! :)
I hate days like that. Coupon shopping especially with kids is hard enough, but then to leave your wallet home... Man that stinks. Hope next trip works out better for ya :)
Now that is a sad story. Been there done that! It is the most hopeful 2 minutes as I frantically search my filthy purse only to come up empty handed--no wallet! So sorry!
Sorry it happened but more sorry I laughed.
Can't tell ya how many times I've been there! I get so mad at myself and think "some day I'll get my junk together and get more organized." Ya right. Was it for the cheap cereal at Fry's?
Can't decide what's worse having to drag the kids or line up all the coupons just so to be thwarted. Been there it's the worst.
So that story reminded your Uncle John of a story about you when you were little. His version is: One day your mom took you grocery shopping. As she passed through the aisles of the store many of the customers that passed by were snickering and laughing. Finally an older gentleman asked, "Ma'am, do you know what your little girl is doing? She is winking at all the gentlemen that pass by." I'm sure you've heard that story or something like it before.
Post a Comment