So my cute hubby got me/us a trip to Vegas for my Christmas present, which was awesome because... well, it's a vacation obviously.
So we had a wonderful time even though we walked over 4 miles the first night even though I had been warned that "it is farther down the strip than it seems". Oh well, walking 4 miles without kids is way better than walking 4 miles with kids, so we were good. We went to Cirque Du Soleil and had a great time there. Those people are really cool freaks.
We also went on a little pretend balloon ride
I say pretend because it was tethered to the ground and you just go straight up 500 ft. and hang out for a bit...so i decided to spice up the ride...
this is me trying to get the thing spinning. peder made me stop because he didn't think it was "allowed" (lame) and also the other passengers were freaking out when they kept feeling the balloon moving.
we loved the Bellagio fountains and i even got to see 2 Elvis'...
so that was awesome...obviously. It's not every day that you get to met a Mexican Elvis and an Elvis who looks exactly like Steve Nash from the Suns.
One of the highlights was going to a fancy restaurant where we know the chef,... and when i say "know" ......i mean we have seen him on t.v. We shared Panda Express for dinner the night before so we could go to Olives. The food was fabulous, i mean really really fabulous,
but the best was that we got to sit on the edge of their balcony which is on the lake of the Bellagio.
this is it at night...
we were just giddy because of how fun it was to sit there and watch the water shows and eat delicious food. very romantical.
this is peder trying to make a silly face on the
last night.
we went and visited Troy and Jessica and got in a few games of Settlers, yummy hot chocolate and cupcakes. We used to live in the same apartment complex and would play together with the Jones' almost every night! It was good reliving the glory days.
We had a great time being together. love you honey. thanks for the great trip!
7 comments:
Now THAT is a Christmas present. Lucky you! :)
ps. you look so much like Helen Hunt in that last picture! (In a beautiful way ... just in case you don't like Helen Hunt.)
Randi that looks so fun! I told Ben we need to go. That Elvis really does like Steve Nash. And that food looks so so yummy. So glad you got to go. Viva Las Vegas!
Looks like you guys had a blast! So much fun! I'm so glad you had a good time. That dinner at the Bellagio looks divine...and the view--spectacular!!! What a great find. P.S. That Elvis really does looks like Steve Nash!! P.P.S I love your hair! It's looking so cute!
That's great to get a trip without kids! Congrats!
I dream of my next vacation WAY too often. (It'll probably not be for 4 or 5 years.) You look cute, of course.
My favorite is the blue gum!
Can i just say you are the cutest person in the world and it is tragic that I don't live near you so I can benefit from your humor and good fashion daily. Peder is so lucky. I'm so happy you married him. I always knew he was a great guy even though I don't think we ever met. But he is stronger than me. I would have totally given in to your spin the balloon leadership.
Fun! We took a trip to vegas before we had kids and it was a blast. I remember walking every where. What a great present!
I always enjoy reading your fun blog.
Post a Comment