Sunday, September 5, 2010

Souper salad date

Really this is just a random story. But every time I go to Souper Salad I remember it and think, "I should blog that". And really, I got nothin' else at the moment. So here ya go.

Once upon a time, I was in college. My mom came down for whatever reason and we went to eat at Souper Salad. You know...the place where you think you're being all good and eating healthy salad... which you do, but then you scarf down some creamy soup, pizza, a taco, and that delicious blueberry and ginger bread. oh and don't forget the ice cream bar. sheesh. Trickers. Anyway, my mom and I got our food and sat down. Then came our waiter. Our cute waiter. Once she saw the CTR ring...the wheels started turning.
We chatted, I smiled and tried to be cute, we talked about his mission making sure he knew we were Mormon too. At the end of our meal she left a big tip and talked me into leaving my number on a napkin! seriously.
Well, sure enough, about a week later he called. Maybe he felt obligated, or like my mom paid him to go on a date with me....but we went. Too bad i can't say we fell in love and got married, that would be a good story. It was fine and he was really nice and now I can say that I left my number for someone on a napkin...you know like in the movies. Except it seems like in the movies the girl is very hot...and slutty and stuff. whatever. So there ya go. Totally random story with no purpose, only that I bet most of you have never done it. So you're mission in life is to someday make your daughter leave her number for a random (LDS) waiter, just for fun. I know I'm going to do my best to carry on the tradition! 
the end.

2 comments:

Leah said...

You have one crazy mom.....and I can definitely see that you are taking after her. In a good way......

janae said...

I love your mom! She is so hilarious!!