Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Lovelies

Miss Hannah has been feeling a little left out the last few days (since her little sis has had fevers from teething the last 4 days!and wouldn't let me put her down). So today we took the opportunity to spend some one on one time. Her choice was to make and decorate cupcakes...which is exactly what I was hoping for since I'm trying to eat good (good as in diet-ee, not good as in cupcake-ee)
We had a great time. She had sooo many ideas for decorating them, including but not limited to the ones shown here. I personally enjoyed the "waterfall with flower gardens on the side". Just remember that "more is always better" with a 5 year old, and "as much as you can pile on" is BEST! I think they turned out really cute. Maybe the next Julia Child??? And if you can't decorate your own hand with frosting when your five, then when can you?

On to the next child...I love the prayers of a 3 year old. Here is the latest...
...blah blah blah (me not him) Lucy's funny and she's my sister, and Hannah's my sister and mommy...pause, I'm daddy's boy cause that's what he said...and I want to be a pirate for Halloween like this AARRGH! yes he really said aarrgh! ...and I like trains...and cars...they're really cool... and frogs...they are cool too...
all with the utmost sincerity of course.
love it. seriously.
And last but not least, could this possibly be the cutest girl ever? So, I might be a tinge bit biased. what you wanna fight about it? cause i'll go right now...











4 comments:

ALYN said...

We get a kick out of Lincoln's prayers. Our kids offer very brief generic prayers. So I think you're doing something right that he's able to improvise!

Also, I think Lucy might be among the cutest kids ever! With your DNA, how could she not? I'm happy to see pictures of her growing up! Although I noticed you've been bruising her forehead!

janae said...

What a fabulous prayer!! I can't get Seara (my 3 year-old) to pray, mostly because she automatically does NOT want to do something the minute you TELL HER to do it. Ugh. Elijah, though, will say some pretty cute things. Not as great as yours, yet. I can't wait!

Caroline C. Bingham said...

My kids do the beginning and end or prayers. We skip that whole middle part where you're supposed to actually like, PRAY.

Paige said...

Those kids are SO cute! I can't believe how fast they are all growning up. I sure do love my nieces and nephews.