Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Tagged" in High School

There are like 20 questions...sorry, bear with me.

Did you date someone from your school? Well being that I grew up in a small town where there is only ONE High School, the answer would be yes.

What kind of car did you drive? Big Bertha was her name, and mud bogging was her game. She was a white Grand Marquis- like this but without the "cool' tires. It had a steering problem so every time I turned the corner into the school parking lot, it made the hugest/loudest whining sound for all to hear in a three block radius. Eventually I just embraced it. We had a lot of fun with that car. After I left home, my parents found out the "shocks" were shot. hmmm? I don't know how that could have happened?? =)
What was the most embarrassing moment of high school? I honestly can't remember one. Not that I didn't have multiple, i must have just blocked them from my memory.
Were you a party animal? define party animal? Did I go out with friends and even to "parties" yes, did I "eat, drink and be merry" and the such as...no.

Were you a flirt? uh, yes, yes I was. I believe that would go undisputed.

Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? negative. But I like watching American Idol. Does that count?

Were you a nerd? Double negative. I was an B-A student with an occasional C thrown in for good measure.
Were you on any Varsity Teams? Varsity Softball-junior/senior, Varsity Cheer -soph/jun/sen. And yes, you do get to Letter for Cheer. I don't know about the cheerleaders in your schools, but we were super cool that's what i continue to tell myself anyway and not slutty...well with a few exceptions I suppose.

Did you get suspended/expelled? Unfortunately the closest I got was like a "time-out" room in the office. We had a substitute one day in our Spanish class- Mr. Ruby who later had a severe mid-life crisis for all to see. So me and another girl decided to "hang out" for a bit-not in the classroom. Apparently Mr. Ruby hadn't left the campus yet, he spotted us and turned us in. lame.

Can you still sing the fight song? Comin' right up. Did you want that with or without the cheer moves? Cause I'll bust it out right now. "We are the Bulldogs, we are the Best..."

Who were your favorite teachers? The more important question-and better story- is which of your teachers liked you? It goes something like this...Mr. G. was known for years of being extra nice to the girls in the school. It dates back to my Aunties days at Winslow High School. We were friends, whatever that means, and on the last day of school he told me to come to his class, that he had something for me. Well I went and he gave me a card, and when I was leaving the classroom he said- "hey you were in my dream last night" me: oh really? " yea, I kissed you" me: oh really? Ha Ha. In a freaked out kinda laugh of course
I leave, and the inscription in the card says something about "dreams coming true". Ya know like... "hey you just graduated and hopefully all your dreams come true...or, I just told you I kissed you in my dream and then slipped you a note about dreams coming true. Whichever. Scan-dal! You'd be surprised how many scandals one little high school can produce. insane.

What was your school's full name? Winslow High School. what up.

School mascot? The Fighting Bulldogs-maroon and gold!

Did you go to Homecoming and with who? Junior year- Ryan Hatch. And for dinner he had his dad fly us and Ryan's brother and sister-in-law who happens to also be my aunt-it's a small town =) down to Phoenix in his airplane. It was super exciting. Unfortunately I pretty much slept on his shoulder the whole way both trips because I was SO tired from Homecoming week...sorry i really couldn't help it . But it was a cool thing to do none the less, I just wasn't the best date ever. do you remember that virginia?
Senior year- Andrew Scott. And somewhere I picked up this shiny silver dress that was a little short, so I wore black and white small checkered tights underneath????what the? shaking my head and narrowing my eyebrows. oh the 90's!

If you could go back and do it again, would you? I used to think so, if I was like older and wiser and stuff, but then I remembered...that's called college.

What do you remember most about graduation? The parents always threw a huge, great party on the baseball fields by the school. super fun.

Have you gained some weight since then? uh...have you seen my picture here?

Who was your prom date? Junior year- Keith Hardy but I may or may not have also gotten pictures with another guy that I liked and later "dated". In my "may or may not have" defense... Keith asked me like 3 months before prom and and that is a long time in the life of a 17 year old. It's not my proudest memory. Sorry again Keith. Senior year-Ray Henling, who interestingly enough my cousin and I bounced back and forth as a boyfriend that year. No harm done! =) luv ya rachel!

Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? already did...yes i'm that old, sniff sniff. It was actually really really fun!

Looking back, what advice would you give yourself? Pay attention more. I was seriously the reigning Miss Naive/Oblivious! I still find out things people were doing in High School and say... (bug eyed) REALLY?? I had no clue.

I TAG: Emily, Alyn, Kristyn, Sarah, Marni, Leah, Paige, Caroline, Becca, Kara and anyone else who wants something to blog about!

6 comments:

janae said...

You are so funny!! I'm normally not super entertained by tags, but dang girl, you are hilarious!!

ALYN said...

I'm not so keen on revisiting high school... hmmm...

lynnissa said...

BIG BERTHA!!! Oh, I loved riding in her! Great memories...I loved this one...reminds me of how much I miss you!

Mollie Lawrence said...

I have video tape of that homecoming year! Silver outfit and all!

Anonymous said...

How big of a coincidence is it that when I'm at home checking out random blogs, I come across a blog in which I'm mentioned? My wife & I thought your blog is pretty funny. -- Keith

Leah said...

So funny, I thoroughly enjoyed this post. Loved thinking about all those high school days. And you have a way of telling it just right. Go Bulldogs!