Sunday, October 26, 2008

spray it with a smile!


My friend Marni, who is by the way super crafty cute, and if you ever want a quick craft to do with your crazy kids just go here, first introduced me to the world of spray paint. That girl will spray paint anything that doesn't move and a few things that do. Her kitchen table, kitchen cabinets, picture frames, chairs, toys, living room tables, and wall hangings, just to name a few, have all been lovelied with a fresh new coat of spray paintusually black, then shabby chiced really cute. Who knew it was so versatile? I hadn't used spray paint in I don't even know how long before I started hearing her say " oh I just spray painted it" all the time...and it always looked amazing. So in the last little bit I have been following in her footsteps and spray painting as much as I can. In fact just last week I went to town in my newly rearranged living room. I sprayed some picture frames and a few hand-me-down decorations and VIOLA, a completely updated awesome new living room. I have done plenty with a paintbrush, and I gotta say...spray paint is the way to go! Little to no clean up...the "no" part if you actually have a table on your back porch specifically for spray painting...like MARNI! It's fabulous. So go out today and buy yourself a $2.19 can of quick drying spray paint and wait for your eyes to pop out of your head because it is so easy and beautiful!. You can thank me, and marni, later!

4 comments:

ALYN said...

Nathan went through a spray painting phase: Ceiling fan hardware, closet shelf, range hood, hinges, curtain rods, fireplace screen, etc.

I'm sure your projects are cuter, though. Where's the pics? : )

Marni said...

You need to post some pictures of your new living room! Fabulous! Just a side note...the Krylon spray paint from Walmart has an awesome nozzle on it. It "fan" sprays instead of just straight. It's wonderful!! Thank you Mr. Krylon! :)

Caroline C. Bingham said...

I love Marni's house. It's so freakin cute.

Emily P. said...

I guess I'm not the only one who is wanting to see some pictures of this fabulous home makeover. I mean, how are we supposed to know if you really did it? ;)

P.S. I heart spray paint too!