8 things we have now that we didn't when we got married
- a queen size bed. That's right folks, we slept on a FULL for a year and a half until I was 6 months pregnant and couldn't stand it any longer. And as a side note: it was a hand me down mattress with stains. lovely.
- TV channels. We had a 13" t.v/vcr combo that we didn't even have bunny ears for. Now at least we have an antenna and get the local channels. I remember doing a lot of cross stitch back then...
- a house. Luckily we have been able to move past the apartment stage.
- a dishwasher. Yeah! I finally have a dishwasher!
- children...obviously.
- stretch marks. I guess I shouldn't say we on this one, but I had to add it none the less.
- a computer. 4-5 months after we got married we were able to get one and hook up our Net Zero free dial-up take forever internet. awesome.
- cell phones. 2 1/2 years ago peder got his cell phone back (he got rid of his right before we got married) and I got my first cell phone ever last year! woo hoo!
8 things we don't have now that we did when we got married...
- either of the cars we were driving. We've had to up size since then.
- sleep. please for the love... just let us sleep.
- our set of lime green pots and pans that we got for our wedding. some lucky person out there bought that little treasure from D.I. long ago i'm sure.
- peder's full head of hair
- 6 weeks of hearing the temple easter pageant and 5 more of seeing the temple christmas lights (we used to live across the street from it)
- peder's homework. yeah for finishing school!
- 2 incomes
- eating out all the time fundage
8 moments I'll never forget...
- each time we found out we were pregnant + one lovely false positive =ing one lovely false miscarriage a week later.
- each child's birth- i know you could count that as like 7 already, but i'm in charge so...onward...
- when peder was called to the high counsel at 24-very unexpectedly.
- at the doctor when we found out peder had a tumor in his inner ear (non-cancerous) and that it had eaten away 2 1/2 of his 3 hearing bones and part of his mastoid in his left ear.
- peder being called to the bishopric at 26 and me 7 months pregnant with our second child.
- finding our first home...at the height of the housing boom...in our price range...miraculously...seriously.
- the first time i tooted in front of peder (it was on the last day of our honeymoon and i'll admit it was not pretty) (peder made me add that one)
- peder quiting his job for another one then finding out they messed up and weren't allowed to hire him because of a "no hire" clause, =ing unemployment and food stamps for 2 1/2 months. it's all good!
8 places we've been together...
- hawaii
- disneyland
- disneyworld
- siesta key florida
- san diego
- general conference
- colorado
- catalina island
- we've been very blessed...thanks mom and dad!
8 reasons I'm still in love...
- we laugh about everything.
- we talk on the phone all day long
- he's a great dad
- he's great at cuddling and rubbing my arm/hands
- he likes my cooking and even brags about it
- i like to be around him
- he thinks i'm super woman
- he likes to make me happy
so there's my gooey post for ya. We've been through a lot of ups and downs in the last 8 years, but i can honestly say i wouldn't want to go through ups and downs with anyone else. love you honey.
i'm trying to get a wedding picture on here but my scanner isn't working. hopefully coming soon!
11 comments:
Happy Anniversary, Anniversary buddies.
Loved this blog! I think it is fun to write it out. It helps remind us how blessed we are. I'm also glad Peder participated. I might not have laughed as hard without him embarrassing you with that Honeymoon memory. Why do they always have to remember those kinds of things?!! Happy Anniversary! We love you guys!
Bon Anniversaire! Congrats on the 8 years, and weathering the ups and downs. I admire your sense of humor.
The best is yet to come.
Happy Anniversary!!!!!
P.S. I can help ya with your scanner just call me over.
Hard to beleive it's been 8 years. Time sure flies. Happy Anniversary you two.-Eldon
wow! That was a fun survey! Congrats to 8 years! Here is to 8 more:)
Congrats, you crazy kids! Happy Anniversary! (toot toot)
I just have to say that your blog always makes me smile! Congrats on 8 years. We're over by the temple rt now and have been for almost 3 years, so I completely understand what you mean about the lights and pageant!
Congrats on your anniversary! What a fun way to go down memory lane! I'm glad we had a TV (thanks to g'ma) so we all could hang out together during our early married years!
This was the cutest post I've ever read! Peder was called to the high council at 24?? And don't worry about the tooting thing. I think I waited for that one. :) Classy, I know.
Have I told you how much I love your playlist! Just thought I'd throw you some kudos!
Post a Comment