I don't really know anyone who enjoys laundry day. It's just a necessary evil. And although I am forever grateful for the invention of the washing machine and all the time saving that comes with it, today I almost wished for the good ol' days when you scrubbed your clothes in the stream and all the nastiness just floated away.
It went something like this. After I washed the second load of laundry I went to put it in the dryer. After I got every last sock, I noticed something at the bottom of the washer. So I picked it up only to discover that it was a brownish ball. My mind was racing...what the heck is this? could it be? NO. So like any mom, I used my trusty sniffer to confirm the origin of the ball. And oh yes, it was. I have gone looking for the smell of poop enough times in my life to know exactly what that was. So of course I screamed, immediately threw it in the trash, sanitized my hands, grossed out thinking about all the so called "clean" clothes with poop germs on them, filled up the washing machine with 3 times the amount of soap and bleach required and threw in all the clothes I had just washed. nice. I do not know how that poop ball got by me, but I'm pretty sure I know who the culprit was. Hope your laundry day was less gross than mine!
12 comments:
Ewwwwww.
I sooo wish I could say that has never happened to me. Sadly I have the same culprit at my house. Seriously I am ready to throw away all the underwear and make him sit on the toilet ALL day long. Or maybe I can just strap a potty to his butt. hmmmmmm. Good luck in your sanitizing!
I hate when that happens! And I hate that it's happened to me more than once!
I hate POOP! But I must say I thought your experience was pretty funny but only cause it hasn't happened to me.......yet!
I don't do laundry day. It's too overwhelming. My goal is to wash 1 load every day.
Poop is horrible! Lia got out of the tub the other day, used the toilet, got back in without wiping, and had little poop crumbs floating around with her. This is at 6:15 AM when I was trying to sleep in!
Oh, that is gross on so many levels. Ewwwwww. Talk about making an already painful necessity THAT MUCH WORSE. Perfect timing for me, though. I just finished folding and putting away all my laundry. I feel like a queen. :)
I am trying to think... (hard thing to do at my age) but I don't think that I have ever found a "poop ball" in the washer. I did have kind of a deja vous moment while reading your post so I must be blocking out so sort of similar experience. I found a scorpion in my washer this week.
I can honestly say this story makes me glad I only have my own laundry to do.
I am laughing so hard. I don't know if I've ever left a comment on here but I check you blog sometimes just because you always make me laugh with the way you write things! I can't believe it made it through a whole wash cycle... that kid must be eating cement or something! Thanks for the chuckle. By the way I used your tag line on a recent post about cloth diapers. This definitely falls under the "poopy" category!
Randi that story is hilarious!!! I am just dying! I just told Paul about it cuz I thought it was so funny. Like the above girl said, how did it survive a whole wash cycle? That child is definitely getting enough fiber.
But I wanted to tell you I was just getting caught up on a friend's blog and guess what? I don't know if you saw, but forever ago I posted your daughter's bday cake on my blog b/c I was beyond impressed with it, and in reading my friend's blog I saw she made that same cake for her friend!! Funny, huh! In case you're wondering (cuz I know I'd be) here's the link if you want to see how it turned out (and read all the compliments that you could kind of take credit for :) http://winfieldmanor.blogspot.com/2009/03/cake.html
Hope you're doing great - I love reading your blog b/c you're still just as funny as ever!
poopy, pure defenition of poopy:)
I HATE laundry. It's worse than dishes. No, I take that back. Dishes and laundry are about the same. I hate them both. Except you don't have to deal with poop mixed in with the silverware, at least we hope not.
Post a Comment