Sunday, October 11, 2009

how did this happen?

Not sure how this happend, but I have a 7 year old! Without front teeth.

Hannah turned 7 this past week much to her enjoyment. She said that it was the greatest birthday ever and the day just kept getting better and better. I mentioned to Peder that instead of birthdays getting better as we get older, they seem to be less and less exciting until you get really old (ya know like 60...cough cough...mom) and then they are only amazing because you are so very old and no one can believe you are still alive. Actually, the "still alive" part comes a few years later, but you get the point.

Anyway, we went kinda low key this year with a trip to Chuckie E. Cheese's with 2 girlfriends from school. They had a blast. Actually, we may have been cheapsters by having a "picnic" in the back of the van with a 5 dollar pizza and root beer, instead of ordering one inside. Isn't it amazing what you can get away with when they are little? I told Peder if she were 12, she would have looked at us like we were crazy and rolled her eyes and walked away when we said (excitedly) "we're going to have a pizza picnic in the car!". At 7 years old she thought it was the greatest ever and said she had always wanted to have a picnic in the car. Aaahhh, if only life were always so easy to deal with.


I wish I had an amazing cake to show you for her birthday, but thankfully she just wanted a heart cake and this is what you get after 2 1/2 weeks of the "the cough of death". We were laughing because the candles started melting the chocolate hearts on top as we sang Happy Birthday. We sped up our song and giggled through it.


Love you Hannah banana! Only one more year till I feel really really old with an 8 year old gettting baptized! ugh.

4 comments:

janae said...

She looks so cute without front teeth - and I *LOVE* that she is holding up seven fingers in the picture. Too cute. If I can manage to convince my kids to cooperate, I'm so copying that idea!

Paige said...

Happy B-day Hannah!! Wow, I can't believe that she is 7 years old! She is such a big girl. Looks and sounds like a fabulous birthday! I love that first picture of her...she looks so cute. I sure do love that girl. Can't wait to see you guys this week for the birthday fun!

ALYN said...

When Hannah loses tooth #5, she'll be caught up to Madi!

Poor Lia will probably be done with 2nd grade before she looses even one tooth. Hannah, you are a lucky girl!

We did the bring a friend to chucky cheese, didn't buy their food when Lia turned 5.

Happy Birthday Hannah!!! Sorry we forgot to phone. Maybe we'll send you a letter.

Anonymous said...

Wow! 7 already?!?!?!?! I still remember when she was a sunbeam! I would sub for my grandma when she was sick sometimes and her and the other kids were a trip to watch at that age! (what can I say, they still are! haha)
Happy Birthday to a growing girl! :)