That's right. It's pretty ridiculous. I haven't got to watch much of the Olympics, which turns out to be a good thing, because I get teary eyed pretty much throughout the whole thing. And guess what....I don't even really like the Winter Olympics. I mean, I like it, but it's not like I grew up pretending I was snowboarding the Half-pike or something like I did with gymnastics.
Still, I love, love all the background stories of people who had major setbacks in life and still made it somehow to the Olympics. tears. win or loose...tears. Today I saw that a girl was skiing and seriously skied off the course into a ditch and broke like 3 ribs. And what do you think she did? Yeah, she got back up and won a medal. Like a superstar. tears. The worst is that I can't even watch the Olympic commercials. Today there were 2 in a row about the Olympians mothers....seriously.... those were tear jerkers.
Maybe i'll take up Curling (since that looks easy enough...i mean you can even be pregnant and do that one....) and get into the Olympics just so they could do one of those emotional video montages about how awesome I am and how I overcame sooo much to become a world class curler.
a girl can dream.
2 comments:
The Olympics make me cry too, but mostly for the people who work for four years and are so close to getting a medal ... and then they fall and all their dreams are dashed. So sad. But I am happy for the winners, too. :) Did you just love Torah Bright? Yeah, religion trumps nationality. I sooo wanted her to win. Woohoo!
You are a world class curler! You have hair skills I can only dream of!
Post a Comment