so i just realized that i forgot to include a vital piece of information in that last post. or maybe subconsciously i knew it would show off my white trashiness.
see, lucy sleeps in our closet. like, since she was born. like, it's her room. but with all of our clothes in it. and her crib. and that's all.
and unfortunately our closet door doesn't have a lock because apparently closet doors don't need one, unless you need to lock your child in so they can sleep. so you see my conundrum? that is why i came up with the "ghetto wrapped crib". i suppose i could have gone and bought a locking door handle and been like all my friends...but why, when i have towels and duct tape? so i guess my invention is only for people with kids sleeping in their closets. stink, that is really going to cut my sales down huh?
4 comments:
We kept both Elijah and Enoch in our closets until they were each at least 6-12 months. I mean, if you have a walk-in closet, what better bedroom can you find?? It doesn't bother the other kids, the baby is close, but yet you still have a door between you. It's perfect!
Ok, so at lunch when I told you my little story (that is never to be shared) do you have the same problem with her in your closet. Because if you do, I'll feel much better about my life. Love ya. :)
I'm with the others, master closets are the perfect nursery. No windows=good naps. It was funny though when we were in birthing class in the fancy part of town and all were discussing their nursery decor and we just smiled and nodded. We didn't paint the closet pink.
I'm also with you on the just because they can get out doesn't mean they should. Have you seen crib tents? I used them with my twins till they were 3. If she figures out how to scale the bumper they might work.
There's a couple on craigslist right now if you don't want to do Babies R Us http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bab/1915269660.html
and http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bab/1870120842.html
Loved this post:)
I love your innovation. I say work it girl! I haven't been sleeping quite as well since we put Drew in his toddler bed.
Post a Comment