I'd like to talk about words. Favorite words that is.
We all have 'em. We all have that special little somthin' tucked away in back of our minds just waiting for the right opportunity to present itself. In other cases- anxiously hanging on the tip of our tongue for just the right moment to perfectly cap off a sentence, rant, or conversation.
One of my favs is the word seriously. Here, I'll show you why.
Seriously.
It stands alone. One magic word can give some serious meaning to a situation.
Seriously. It's versatility is amazing. It alone can be used in answer to, or at the end of any of the following sentences:
Please leave Lucy alone. She is not a doll. seriously. (here seriously is used in an exasperated tone denoting exasperation because you have been saying it all day long)
Did you know Michael Phelps is supposed to earn 100 million dollars in his lifetime from endorsements and speaking gigs? seriously!? (here it is used to denote surprise and unbelief)
Lucy you are the happiest girl ever. seriously (this is used in a high-pitched happy voice to denote love and awe at her cuteness)
Lincoln wet his bed on the second night of wearing underwear to bed. (this of course after 6 months of pull-ups and not an accident in sight or smell.) seriously? used here to denote sadness, unbelief and unluckiness
I find it is the perfect ending to pretty much every sentence of any conversation. You should try it. Seriously.
I also tremendously enjoy the phrase..."and the such as". This obviously made famous by the lovely Miss Teen South Carolina. For a recap go here. It's still so funny every time. I will forever be grateful to her English teacher, and the such as, for helping to create this beautiful grouping of words. It really just fits anywhere, the perfect additive to any conversation. like...
"I have to go to the store to get milk, bread, eggs and the such as..."
"Petes not feeling so good today... nausea, vomiting and the such as..."
"I have to go the gyno for that yearly checkup, and the such as..."
See it's perfect. seriously.
1 comment:
Seriously...this post is hilarious. I am also finding that I use that word about 10 million times a day. Seriously. I wonder where we got that from!
Post a Comment