- went to lunch with my hubby-luv u
- went to dinner with my hubby-super luv u
- went to dinner again with my hubby-we had a gift card ok!
- slept until a normal time in the morning
- took a nap
- played with Lucy
- exercised
- read a book
- cleaned out Lincoln's room
- half way cleaned out the storage shed-i was slightly productive sheesh
- took back not even joking 15 items to walmart- let me just say... people were not happy to be behind me here.
Things I did NOT DO while my kids were at their Nana and Papa's
- cook dinner (yes for 3 days, it was delightful)
- have my son poop his pants in the shoe department at walmart-yes he really did last week...yes over a year after he was potty trained. what's up with that?
- have my son poop his pants on the way to the toilet at home-it was a rough week
- take anyone to the bathroom in the middle of the night
- break-up any fights-home can be a heaven on earth...when your kids aren't home
- have stress-yes seriously
- listen to any whining-glorious, simply glorious
- threaten anyone with time-outs if they don't hurry up and clean their rooms
- give anyone time-outs because they made their room even more of a disaster and then "accidentally" pushed their brother down and made him cry
- say over 134 times a day to "put Lucy down, she's fine and does not need your help right now" or my favorite " get off of Lucy you cannot lay on top of her"always in the most loving manner of course
wheww! i'm tired just thinking about what i didn't do. good grief! we moms are amazing.
I'd like to thank Academy (a.k.a. Nana and Papa) for making this all possible - I couldn't have done it without you.
I wish you all a vacation from your children because even though we love them to pieces, the really great things about being a mom come with some not so great things about being a mom-hence the title "the facts of life" (play the song in your head here). Sometimes we just need a day off...or 3. And no feeling guilty either! OK I'm done now.
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're blogging! 3 days without kids?! Jealous! Sounds like heaven! I love the way you put things, it's very entertaining to read. Thanks for sharing! :)
What a great break for you! You should definitely get those more often.
Post a Comment