Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mother of the Year

I just had to share with you what I made my kids for dinner last night. Peder and I were going out and I was beyond ready to leave. So I just whipped up this little thing I like to call...

"ghetto dinner al a carte"

Here it is in all it's culinary glory.

You may be saying "is that Ramen noodles and mandarin oranges, in the can ?"

why yes, yes it is. Now you might be saying "what the heck kinda dinner is that?"

well obviously it was in honor of the Beijing Olympics-

CHINESE noodles and MANDARIN oranges

it doesn't get any more Chinese than that I say.

When they sat down to eat I just had to laugh at myself and say "really, you really just fed your kids ramen and mandarin oranges in the can for dinner?"

and then I said to myself, "good job...at least it wasn't just ramen."

9 comments:

Leah said...

That sounds so yummy to me! Way to go with the Olympic spirit!

Kristyn said...

This was hilarious! Don't worry, I've done worse. One time (okay, itm ight have been more than once) for a meal I gave Thacker an open container of PB and a spoon and just let him go at it. He thought I was the best mom ever. I'm sure your kids think that too. Real meals are overrated.

ALYN said...

I don't think mandarin oranges can be classified as ghetto. They're expensive!

I have a friend who wanted everyone to share their easy dinner ideas, and when she didn't get much response, I told her people might be embarrassed to admit what they actually eat!

janae said...

I actually did think "Hey, at least it wasn't JUST ramen"! :)

Hoffy said...

Good thing I do not have kids cause I eat like that myself all the time. Have you tried green beans straight from the can? yummy ghetto times all around. :)

Amelia Johnson said...

Check out blingblingbyamelia (dot) blogspot (dot) com for a BLING GIVEAWAY! Contest ends August 25th!

Paige said...

But she looks so happy...:)I'm sure the kids loved it!

Angeler said...

I couldn't agree more. That is obviously a dinner to honor the Olympics.

I honor the Olympics by pointing my toes a lot as I walk around my house, like the gymnasts.

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Your blog cracks me up! I realize that we know a few mutual people, so I don't feel so bad "blog-stalking" you now! You just make me laugh and I can't help myself!