Saturday, August 2, 2008

THE JOKER

I LOVE...
talking to my hubby on the phone-pretty much all day long
when I accidentally transpose 2 #'s and end up talking to the real life JOKER...
not so much.


It went something like this...

ME: "hey honey, can you do a favor for my mom while you are out?"

JOKER: "like what?"
ME: "why are you talking like that? you sound like the JOKER!"

JOKER: "what does she need?"
ME: "seriously, stop talking like that-it's creeping me out!"

ME: "She needs you to go to Deseret Book and pick up some posters for a missionary open house. Or if they don't have posters, you could get some Article of Faith cards or something. She said you could call her if you need to. "

JOKER: (in his creepy JOKER voice) "I think what you should do is hang up the phone (my hearts starts pounding here) and check the number you are trying to dial"...before i come over there and slit your mouth open and put scary makeup on your face to make you look like me.
ok maybe not exactly that last part, but something close
ME:: uh, sorry. click.
This is were I really called my husband and told him to hurry home because as we speak, the JOKER is tracking our home number and is going to show up at our door with a clown mask on and kill us all.

true story.
and yes i am scarred for life.

5 comments:

Kristyn said...

Welcome to the blog world! You'll love it!

Kristyn said...

and p.s. that guy was super creapy. freaky.

ALYN said...

Well, I can tell this is going to be entertaining. On behalf of your readers, I thank you for starting a blog so we can enjoy your humor more often.

I think a cute little someone needs a bigger picture in the sidebar...

Angeler said...

Put on your camo pants and wait outside for the dirtbag. Then we'll see who's scared.

janae said...

So somehow when I started reading I missed the whole you-dialed-the-wrong-number part and I was SOOOOOO not expecting the conversation to turn out the way it did. I am sufficiently freaked out for the month!!! Why on earth was this man actually asking you questions and pursuing a conversation???? So scary!